Support This Site
When You Buy My Books
E.C. McMullen Jr.
"'Some People' ... may be the standout story in the book."
- John Grant, Infinityplus
E.C. McMullen Jr.
"'Willow Blue' will burrow under your skin and stay there long after you've put the book down."
- Jeffrey Reddick, Creator of
IN OTHER BOOKS
E.C. McMullen Jr.'s
CEDO LOOKED LIKE PEOPLE
in the anthology
FEAR THE REAPER
"This Ray Bradbury-esque is one of the most memorable and one of the more original stories I've read in a long time."
- Amazon Review
The Silver Scream
E.C. McMULLEN Jr.,
GEORGE A. ROMERO,
and many more.
E.C. McMullen Jr.
Head Production Designer
JOSEPH CROSS, BRIANA EVIGAN,
Special Effects Make-Up
A SIERRA NEVADA
(MICHAEL MADSEN & JOHN SAVAGE).
Okay, first there are a few things to consider when watching this movie.
1. It was co-wrote by Zack Snyder (DAWN OF THE DEAD ), and it's only the second feature film he's ever directed.
2. Zack never graduated from film school.
3. His co-writers for this film are Kurt Johnstead and Michael B. Gordon.
4. It is based on the original Frank Miller (ROBOCOP 2, ROBOCOP 3, SIN CITY) and Lynn Varley graphic novel, 300. The book - though fictionalized - is in turn, based upon the actual event that happened in Greece around 480 BC: one of the most significant and defining moments in both history and democracy.
5. 300 has about 18 various producers including Mark Canton (RED PLANET, TRAPPED, TAKING LIVES, LAND OF THE DEAD), who has had an amazingly mediocre film career up to this point; Bernie Goldmann (TAKING LIVES, LAND OF THE DEAD), whose film career is just as bad; Gianni Nunnari (SE7EN, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN [all]), whose film career is significantly better; Jefferey Silver (THE RETURN), who has a pretty good film career, and Bernie Goldman (with one "n"), who hasn't done anything before other than fight to the top of the Hollywood hill of Bernie G' film makers (all of the 'Steve Barnetts' of Hollywood would understand).
Wassmor, this is not the first time the story has been told in film. But this story: Whatta great story!
The look of it, the story, the action, the varmints that could not possibly be real! Yet the tale and the way it is told and acted renders the flights of fancy as just!
The superb acting by a bunch of character actors!
Gerard Butler (TALE OF THE MUMMY, DRACULA 2000, REIGN OF FIRE, LARA CROFT TOMB RAIDER: THE CRADLE OF LIFE) as King Leonides.
With a stirring score by Tyler Bates (ALIEN AVENGERS [all], DAWN OF THE DEAD , THE DEVIL'S REJECTS, SLITHER) and cinematography by Larry Fong, complimented perfectly by a special effects team directed by Lindsay Adams (GHOST SHIP, THE LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING, SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW), 300 is beautiful to look at. And you know what else?
I came out of 300 feeling like I did the first time I saw Rocky. I felt like I did the first time I saw Star Wars. The first time I saw THE MATRIX. Feeling as exhilarated as I wanted to feel from the second series of Star Wars movies; the feeling that I didn't get from THE MATRIX sequels.
Okay, okay: I've been as sober and calm in writing this review as I can be, but this movie is just so God Damn, Motherfu*king, Kick-ass!
300 FREAKING ROCKS!
Five Shriek Girls
|Feo Amante's Horror Home Page, Feo Amante's Horror Thriller, and feoamante.com are owned and
Copyright © 1997 - 2020 by E.C .McMullen Jr.
All images and text belong to E.C. McMullen Jr. unless otherwise noted.
All fiction stories belong to their individual authors.